Market Data Management
All Financial Institutions have a requirement for Market Data, whether that’s Real-Time / Delayed or Static / Reference data. Additionally, with new global regulations pushing the industry to secure access to increasing volumes of reliable high quality data, the global demand has pushed up the cost of Market Data to over USD$30 Billion per annum (according to a recent 2018 Burton-Taylor report). Whether that’s international banking rules under Basel III, MiFID II or the new liquidity and report modernisation rules under SEC.
32-T has over 20 years’ experience within Financial Markets saving organisations like ING Bank, Makor Securities, Forte Securities well over £40M per project from their baseline costs.
32-T is focussed on the optimisation and enhancement of all forms of Market data, and has delivered numerous projects across the globe, Market data is embedded in our DNA, engaging with 32-T provides our customers:
- A long working relationship with Market Data suppliers to be able to agree favourable pricing & terms; benchmark prices against competitors; deep understanding of data and services available by suppliers
- The benefit of experienced practitioners who know where efficiencies and optimisation of costs can be achieved
- Technical knowledge to adapt to ever-evolving new services e.g. RMDS, cloud-based and internet services, B-Pipe
- Access to our technology partners who provide market leading, innovative solutions that support the practical delivery of Market data optimisation.
- Administrative experience implementing inventory systems to track, manage and report on Market Data spend
- Contractual experience negotiating local and global contracts to agree best possible pricing; consolidating services and/or suppliers; agree favourable terms & conditions
- Financial experience to be able to implement recharging models and budgets internally; Display total cost transparency locally and globally; Reconcile invoice to ‘ween’ out billing and contractual pricing errors
32-T Can have an immediate impact.Front Office Market Data Audit – Regular reviews can on average produce 6-figure savings, more if a review has never been carried out before.
32-T will perform a complete review on all services being used by users and identify (and implement) cost opportunities.
Static / Reference Data Review – All financial firms have a requirement for Market Data data-licences to satisfy regulatory requirements, settle trades and manage their back office systems.
32-T will perform a targeted review that ensures effective management and optimisation of data licences and introduces efficiencies to the data consumed
Fee-liable Exchange / Broker Data Compliancy – Systems need to conform to the rules set out by vendors distributing Exchange and Broker data.
32-T has the expertise to support customers through the compliance review process, to ensure all applications comply with the rules.
Vendor / Contract Management and Procurement – As businesses adopt and grow, their data requirements change. Having an effective Vendor / Contract Management and Procurement policy in place can offer significant benefits.
32-T has specific expertise in this area, providing support that enables our customers to:
- Managing renewals and negotiate increases with the incumbent data provider
- Identify unused or no-longer required services
- Review alternative data providers
- Check usage information against the requirement for the service
- Benchmark with alternative provider pricing
- Responsive SLA times for outages, billing issues, service updates
- Compare data providers and new companies who may tailor a service to fit around your exact requirements
- Negotiate mutually beneficial contractual terms
32-T work with Financial services institutions and technology companies to guide, support and successfully enable effective delivery by working in partnership with our customers to enable delivery of your key goals and objectives.